Monday, March 26, 2007

Sitting in chairs. Part two.



Manhattans were my father's favorite cocktail. He passed away a year ago Valentine's Day, so they have become my favorite, as well.

I think I've found a pretty good one at
Crow.

It's actually called a Perfect Manhattan. From their menu:

Perfect Manhattan 9.
Basil Hayden’s bourbon, Sweet and Dry Vermouth, bitters and an orange twist.


When Lane, one of Crow's bartenders, set it down in front of me, I was first struck by the burst of citrus under my nose, from the orange twist, then by how refreshing it tasted, with its little chips of ice, and then the mellowness of the Basil Hayden's.

It was perfect.

2 comments:

Norm said...

It's a date.

JDB said...

A watering hole within walking/cab distance! I like it!

Hey, who was that hot lady I saw you with?